Making good decisions about your health starts with having the information you need, right at your fingertips. Find resources for General Health Information here.
We are committed to helping you learn about health topics that are important to you and those you care for. Find resources for Research + Reports here.
GENERAL HEALTH INFORMATION
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) provides consumer information and updates in an effort to protect and promote your health.
- This site, operated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), provides consumer updates on children’s health.
- Healthfinder.gov provides topics and tools to help you and your family stay healthy.
- This site, operated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA,) provides resources to help minority communities safely use the medicines, foods, and other products the Agency regulates.
- This site, operated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA,) provides consumer updates on women’s health.
RESEARCH + REPORTS
- The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) provides expert advice on food safety, nutrition, and SNAP benefits.
- The Commonwealth Fund, a private foundation working to promote a high-performing health care system, provides a series of publications that explore changes in U.S. health care in an easy-to-read manner.
- The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network (CPEHN) offers a compilation of studies and reports focused on issues impacting the health of California’s multicultural communities.
- The Latino Coalition for a Healthy California (LCHC) offers key research articles, briefs, and reports on Latino health.
- The Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum (APIAHF) offers a variety of resources including fact sheets, research briefs, tool kits, and reports on health issues impacting Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation provides information on coverage, affordability, and access issues that are important for women.
HEALTH + WELLNESS
- Let’s Move! is an initiative launched by First Lady Michelle Obama to help combat childhood obesity. This site offers information on nutrition, physical activity, and tools for organizing.
- The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) offers information and tools to help Americans maintain a healthy weight.
- MyPlate.gov provides dietary guidance for all Americans with online tools and resources.
- The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) provides information about the health care law, including summaries of specific provisions and a state-specific tool to help consumers comparison shop for health coverage plans available now.
- Vaccines.gov is a portal to information on vaccines and immunization for infants, children, teenagers, adults, and seniors.
- We Can! provides information and resources to parents, caregivers, and entire communities to help children 8 to 13 years old stay at a healthy weight.